Could you help to achieve a school mission to improve results through increasing and monitoring attendance? Then we could have the job for you!
Here at Tradewind recruitment we are currently recruiting for an experienced school attendance officer to work term-time only, 35 hours per week, at a Secondary school within the borough of Ealing.
This exciting position is available to start ASAP, for 1 term initially with a strong possibility of this being extended.
The successful candidate MUST have a working knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS), with previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment. The role requires an immediate start; due to the nature of the immediate start, the successful candidate must have an enhanced DBS on the update service to be considered for the role.
As the successful applicant you will be:
- Establishing reasons for pupil absence on a daily basis.
- Handling face to face and telephone conversations with pupils, parents and external agencies relating to attendance matters.
- Reporting to the senior leadership team with analysis of attendance data and results to targets.
- Attending meetings, minuting and typing up reports.
- Ensuring school compliance with statutory requirements.
- Photocopying, post, filing and general administrative support within the school office.
- NB This role is office-based and does not involve leaving school premises to visit pupils or parents in their home environment.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills, including attention to detail on data entry work, and the ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience of working in a school environment.
- SIMS experience (particularly the attendance module) gained from working in a school, voluntarily or paid, as well as experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- A qualification in Business Administration would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Effective communication skills, particularly a good written standard of English.
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion.
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike.
| Ealing | West London
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary.
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent.
- More training and Attendance Officer development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than out next nearest competitor.
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward.
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an Attendance Officer in Ealing. Or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on 0207 845 5450 / email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer. We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.