Are you a passionate SEND Teacher looking to support the most vulnerable learners?
Do you have experience of Manual Handling and Personal Care in Adults and looking for a change?
Do you have experience of Autism and want to work in an Outstanding Provision?
Tradewind Recruitment work on a first port of call basis with an SEND School in Scunthorpe who are seeking Teachers for September Positions. These roles are full time and for a least a term, often extending for the full academic year or longer. This school have worked with us for many years and Tradewind are actively involved in school events and supporting their recruitment.
The school are an Outstanding Teaching School with an excellent reputation not only in the local area but in the whole region. They specifically support and cater for the needs of children aged 11-19 with a post-16 provision also. The school supports Autism, PMLD and Medical Needs. Their Mission is to empower students to be responsible and confident young people. They aim to provide an inclusive, personalised, stimulating curriculum which is enjoyable for all. From working with the school for many years, the ideal candidates must be willing to go above and beyond and have a true passion for supporting SEND.
The school site is truly amazing, with lots of opportunities for children to learn and develop. They have their own hydrotherapy pool which is used by local families. They have an on-site allotment which they use and sell vegetables at school fairs. They also have chickens and an aviary with budgies which the children love to take care off. They also have school guinea pigs which are in the school entrance as soon as you walk in! The school also has state of the art classrooms, hoists and technology.
The roles they have available are:
- Autism Specialist Classroom Teacher
- Complex Needs KS5 Teacher- manual handling and personal care
- Subject Specialist Teachers
- PPA Teaching
Pay for these roles are between £100-£189 per day. The hours are from 8:30am until 3:30pm, with 2 after school sessions of additional training a week until 4:30pm. This training is an excellent opportunity and is a necessary requirement for all members of staff permanent and temporary. The roles can be paid to scale but this depends on experience and what the school require.
The school are looking for:
- Experience of Autism, Complex Needs or Medical Needs with children or young adults which is essential
- Manual Handling, Team Teach Training or Personal Care Training is desirable
- Experience of working in a Care or Education environment is essential
- A Secondary QTS Degree or experience teaching as an Instructor
- A candidate who uses initiative and is willing to get involved as part of a team
In return the school offers:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Long Term contracts which can go permanent
- Excellent Training and upskilling opportunities
- A caring and dedicated team
QTS or Teaching Qualification
Candidates must be able to provide legal right to work in the UK in order to apply for this role as well as a CV with a full 10 year work history and a fully enhanced DBS.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an SEND Teacher in Scunthorpe
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your time sheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.