Do you care about young people from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds and want to see them succeed?
Do you have previous experience supporting young people with challenging behaviours?
Tradewind are recruiting for a Behaviour Mentor for a full time and long term role starting on 8th March with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract. Pay up to £75/day.
The role is working as a Behaviour Mentor at a secondary alternative provision in the south Manchester area. You will be supporting young people in small groups or on a 1:1 basis. Your role will primarily to provide behaviour support including managing behaviour in the classroom, corridors and outdoor areas. You will also be required to deliver 1:1 pastoral and behaviour support which will mean closely supporting young people who have Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) obstacles to learning. You may also need to deal with crisis situations, disclosures, altercations etc. As Behaviour Mentor you will need to work closely with your manager to implement the schools behaviour strategy and policies.
The provision is rated GOOD by Ofsted and has a great reputation in the local area and beyond. They have strong links with other schools and provisions and outside agencies. They cater for young people aged 11-16 who are outside of mainstream school for a variety or reasons. The centre has numerous sites across the city with great transport links and on site parking. This role will be based in central/south Manchester. They offer a broad curriculum which includes many vocational elements. It follows 3 key strands that ensures their pupils become healthy, safe and active citizens. As their pupil population is quite transient they focus on access, transition and progress to make sure that on leaving they are able to go back to mainstream or or to work or study with the best possible start.
Young people have a range of needs including SEMH and associated difficulties such as ADHD, ODD, autism, attachment disorder and other challenging behaviours. They can often display physical or verbal aggression so any Behaviour Mentor will need to have strong behaviour management skills and need to be resilient to challenging situations and not take things personally. You will need to persevere to make progress with each young person. You will need to act as a trusted adult and positive role model while providing consistent boundaries. Ideally you will be trained in Team Teach de-escalation & positive handling techniques however this is not essential.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.