The school is a large educational academy educating pupils aged 11-18 years. Located in south East London.
This job profile reflects the positive vision, aims and policies established by the School's Governing Body.
Job title: Cover Supervisor/Curriculum Support Assistant
- To provide classroom supervision in place of absent teaching staff when required.
- To provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective administration service to the Curriculum Team Leader/Head of Departments as required.
- To undertake any additional duties or responsibilities as reasonably determined by the Headteacher.
Curriculum Support Manager
- To supervise whole classes of pupils in classrooms in place of temporarily absent teachers.
- To act as a role model and set high expectations for conduct and behaviour.
- To be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To ensure that the Child Protection Officer and line manager are made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which may arise in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
- To set up and operate systems for the organisation and administration of pupil laptop use for each curriculum area.
- To assist in preparation of work sheets and other curriculum materials that meet pupils' learning needs.
- To assist in classrooms with mounting displays and other duties as required.
- To establish and operate systems for the distribution and lending of text books and other artefacts.
- To administer and organise classroom work for absent teaching staff.
- To establish a system of stock control, maintaining stock levels and stock records and maintain the school system of placing and progression of orders.
- To provide clerical support including data entry and other computer based duties when required.
- To assist in mounting displays on corridor notice boards.
- To proactively research support materials and documentation for lesson preparation.
- To provide a PC based clerical support for pupil, lesson and other data that provides easily accessible and methodical systems for retrieval.
- To assist in filing pupil and classroom work and other documents as required.
- To attend departmental or subject meetings when requested to enable proactive support to Curriculum Team. Leaders/Heads of Department and other teachers.
- To invigilate at internal and public examinations.
- To keep an up to date inventory for the department(s)
- Using lesson plans and other materials provided by the absent teacher, oversee and supervise classes of pupils.
- Uphold and administer the Learning Policy of the school in all dealings with pupils.
- Ensure that all pupils are given the opportunity to engage in a learning experience in the classes of absent teachers
- Keep pupils on task and respond to general queries.
- Provide objective and accurate feedback to the teacher on the conduct of the lesson.
- Keep appropriate records as agreed with the teacher.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line -with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Support the use of ICT where appropriate.
- Make appropriate use of equipment and resources.
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings.
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
- To monitor and direct use of pupil laptop pool.
- To prepare relevant work sheets for use in lessons.
- To set up and clear away in classrooms as required.
- To assist in preparation of Smart Board presentations.
- To assist in the organisation and mounting of displays of pupils' work and other materials as required.
- To research and produce classroom resources as required.
- To undertake any other ad hoc administrative classroom duties when requested.
- To monitor distribution and lending of text books for condition and returns.
- To be responsible for the organisation of classroom work for absent teaching staff in the appropriate curriculum areas.
- To place and progress orders, and receive and check deliveries.
- To help with stock control, maintaining stock levels and stock records.
- To undertake data entry into relevant computer systems.
- To produce reports from computer system as required.
- To establish and operate a system of scheduling CD recordings.
- To produce draft letters from standard letters to be sent to secretarial service.
- To assist in the organisation and mounting of displays on corridor notice boards.
- To undertake the filing of documents
- To undertake Internet research for information, images and video clips to support curriculum area requirements.
- To ensure that the School Calendar is up to date with events and information for each relevant curriculum area.
- Assist in the preparation of contributions to Staff Bulletin and Parents' Newsletter for each relevant curriculum area.
- Research and administrative support for extra-curricular clubs or pupil support activities relevant to each curriculum area.
- To help to develop the use of SIMS to grow with needs of Curriculum Team Leaders/Heads of Department.
- To attend meetings when requested.
- To liaise with outside agencies and organise events, field trips, concerts and other activities as required.
- To provide invigilation at internal and public examinations at the school and keep up to date with current procedures.
- To maintain an up to date inventory for the department.
If you have any Cover Supervisor/ Teaching Assistant experience in secondary schools and are looking for work in SE London. Please submit your CV today to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Email: Jade.Heatley@twrecruitment.com Call: 0207 845 5450
We look forward to working with you!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.