Cover Supervisor- PGCE Experience
Cover Supervisor- PGCE Experience
Tradewind Recruitment are looking for Cover Supervisors for our client schools, in the Warrington area. We work alongside our client schools to provide daily and short-term cover for staff absence. The role of a Cover Supervisor would give you the perfect insight into life in school, the classroom and give you an excellent start for your PGCE.
The role of a Cover Supervisor involves the delivery of work that has been set by the class Teacher. You will be expected to deliver the work set, whilst simultaneously managing class behaviour. You will be covering classes years 7-11, so it essential that you have the confidence and enthusiasm to engage students and build a professional rapport with both staff and students. It is also good practice to leave an update for the class Teacher on work completed by the class and the lesson as a whole. It is common that schools will request repeat bookings for candidates who have impressed them and fit in to their school ethos, so there is a real chance to build up positive working relationships.
Bookings for Cover Supervisors will resume once schools re-open.
The ideal Cover Supervisor will:
* Be a Graduate (desirable but not essential)
* Have experience in a position of responsibility (Police/ Social Work/ Mentoring/ Military/ coaching- not an exhaustive list)
* Have a positive and engaging demeanour
* Be able to build positive professional relationships with both staff and students
* Be able to think on your feet
* Be able to communicate effectively
* Be committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students
To join us and be successful in this Cover Supervisor role you will need:
* An Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate, which is on the update service or be willing to apply for one (cost refunded after the completion of 20 days work)
* An overseas police check (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 39 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Cover Supervisor job based in Warrington.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.