Food Technology Teacher
Food Technology Teacher
Tradewind Manchester are recruiting! Are you a passionate and creative Food Technology Teacher, looking for a new challenge within a large academy in South Manchester?
Tradewind Manchester is currently looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Food Technology Teacher, to join a good and successful school in South Manchester, to start in September 2020. This is a full time, long term role, with the potential of a permanent contract, paying up to £170 a day.
To join us and be successful in this Food Technology Teacher role, you will need to:
* Hold QTS Status or QTLS
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
About the school
We are recruiting for a Food Technology Teacher, on behalf of a large secondary academy, which caters for students from 11 -16 years old. The school is a 'Good' educational provider and is providing excellent outcomes for students in the local area. The school is a vibrant, diverse and innovative academy, promoting self-belief and drive in its students, aiming to produce confident individuals through learning in a safe and happy environment.
The school is based in South Manchester, with excellent public transport links and ample parking available.
After visiting this school, I was incredibly impressed by their state-of-the-art facilities - this is a new build and boasts large classrooms and open spaces. The staff are very welcoming and encourage the best in their students.
About the role
This OFSTED 'Good' secondary academy is looking for a Food Technology Teacher who can deliver lessons across all Key Stages and has excellent behaviour management and sound subject knowledge. The school currently delivers the WJEC Hospitality and Catering syllabus and so a knowledge of this would be desirable. You must be a committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout the role. You will need to be a collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT.
The role itself will involve the delivery of Food Technology lessons to students in KS3 and KS4, where the department has enjoyed improving grades over recent years. Ideal candidates will have strong behaviour management and sound curriculum knowledge, ensuring that the lessons they deliver are of excellent quality using innovative and engaging approaches, creating an environment where the students are having fun whilst making progress!
As a Food Technology Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· a well-equipped department with excellent facilities
· the successful Food Technology Teacher will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend or colleague and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this Food Technology Teacher position, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind, you will have access to 35 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, Manchester, Preston, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.