Our client school hold their core values close to everything they do and are looking for a Geography teacher to join their large, progressive Humanities department, which is well supported by their SLT. Offering links to a number of local universities including Cambridge this teacher training school welcomes applications from NQT's and experienced teachers alike. Sixth form numbers in the school are over 400, with high interest in Geography at A-Level. Attainment and results are consistently above average. Ofsted stated
"Pupils are pleasant, polite and respectful" and praised their enjoyment of school highlighted in positive attendance and inclusion in various enrichment clubs and programmes.
The school are seeking a teacher who is:
* Committed to student progress and continually improving outcomes.
* Enthusiastic, dedicated and able to form a rapport with students in both Geography lessons and general school life.
* Creative, engaging and continually developing their teaching practice throughout the department.
* Committed to safeguarding and able to uphold the school's high standard of care for their pupils.
A degree in Geography and the ability to teach to KS5 is beneficial however not essential- other relevant degree qualifications will be considered.
This role will entail teaching Geography at KS3 and 4, as well as contributing to the school's overall Geography provision and relevant extracurricular opportunities such as trips.
The school is located in rural Bedfordshire and easily commutable from Hertfordshire, Cambridge and Bedford, with onsite parking and a 15-minute bus ride from the local station.
With a superb SLT team, good facilities and pupils that enjoy learning this is a school that makes a lot of our supply staff's 'favourite' list- the school offers a supportive, friendly working environment with regular staff socials. They offer excellent support for staff and regular opportunities for professional development, allowing staff to upskill and develop their practice for a long, happy career here- this Maths teacher role could easily develop into department leadership or pastoral leadership opportunities.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A can do attitude and passion for working with young people.
- Previous experience of working within a school as a Geography Teacher, Specialist, Instructor or Cover supervisor.
- Good communication skills.
You will need to provide
- A current DBS check - we can provide one for you and even repay you for the expense (t&c's apply)
- A complete work history spanning 10 years where applicable
- Most recent References from child related roles
Are you looking for a Maths teacher role in an academic Bedfordshire school where children truly want to learn? Please contact me on 01727 236255 / email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£100 - £150 per day
Oldham, Greater Manchester
£122 - £180 per day
£70 - £100 per day
£90.00 - £120.00 per day + Free 25 accredited CPD courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.