Head of PE - Lewisham
Head of PE - Lewisham
Head of PE
Tradewind Recruitment are looking for a dynamic and highly capable leader to join a talented team developing an ambitious sports programme at an 'Outstanding' girl's school in Lewisham. The role is a full-time, permanent appointment and will commence in September.
The post is suitable for a fully qualified teacher looking to take a step into a middle leadership role and develop their career in an environment offering outstanding training and progression programmes to all.
The successful applicant will be an excellent teacher of Sport and PE, a great communicator and will value the opportunity to develop their management skills in this important role.
The role will include
- Teaching PE across KS3 to KS5 including GCSE PE and BTEC Sport Level 3
- Providing leadership and management of staff
- Developing enrichment opportunities for students
- Demonstrating the ability and commitment to securing high standards of student achievement.
You will also be responsible for developing students' knowledge and awareness of a healthy lifestyle and wellbeing. A commitment to develop and participate in extra-curricular activities for students is essential.
The Head of PE will report to the Assistant Headmaster (Co-Curricular) with the opportunity to lead the sporting provision and drive sporting initiatives across the whole school. Applications are welcomed from Sports teachers with an expertise in any of the school's major sports, which include football, netball and hockey.
You will enjoy benefits such as free lunches during term time, free on-site parking and use of the school's gym facilities.
The school occupies a glorious campus and has all of its facilities onsite, including a large playing field, a fitness suite and a sports hall. The school is easily accessible from the A20 and has approximately 800 students aged from 11 to 18.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a Teacher of PE who holds QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Physical Education curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.