Mechanics / Motor Vehicle Technology Teacher
(Unqualified Teacher Pay Scale/Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale + SEN dependant on experience and qualifications (Opportunity for additional TLR payments for candidates with leadership experience)
SANZA Teaching Agency is working with a Special Educational Needs School currently looking for a Mechanics / Motor Vehicle Technology Teacher to join their team for the summer term. This Special Educational Needs School caters for learners aged 5-19 who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health as their primary SEN need. Some learners also have Autistic Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, or other learning difficulties. At Nightingale Community Academy we are committed to raising the expectations of our learner group, removing barriers to learning and delivering attainment at the highest level.
The role of a Mechanics / Motor Vehicle Technology Teacher is to start immediately and will continue into September with an opportunity of a permanent contract for the right Mechanics Teacher. This role is paying a daily rate between £150 - £200 per day based on skills and experience. The school is based in the borough of Wandsworth with exceptional links to transportation and parking available.
This unique opportunity of a Mechanics / Motor Vehicle Technology Teacher would allow you to set up a new curriculum delivering ABC and City and Guilds qualifications to very small groups of students aged 14-19 in an impressive workshop space. This SEN school looking for an experienced practitioner with the passion, knowledge and skills to deliver Entry Level 3- Level 2 qualifications to young people with a range of special educational needs.
To be shortlisted for this Mechanics / Motor Vehicle Technology Teacher you will need to:
* Have enthusiasm and patience to personalise learning and have the communication skills needed to make network links with local industry to help our students transition from sixth form to employment or further training.
* High expectations, a love of challenge and a determination to make a difference to the lives of our learners. For the right candidates we can also offer the opportunity for additional leadership responsibility to make full use of any previous experience.
As a Mechanics / Motor Vehicle Technology Teacher your role will deliver training to learners in Motor Mechanics to cover both the establishment's needs and aspirations in working towards gaining recognised accreditations
* Induct learners to the workshop/area of work and train them in aspects such as Health and Safety, Control of Substance Hazardous to Health (COSHH), machinery and tools usage.
* Assess and evaluate skills of learners including BTEC Vocational Qualification levels 1 and 2, City and Guilds and other relevant recognised qualifications.
* Liaise with Vocational Manager/ Assistant Principal where required.
* Maintain quality standards and contribute towards internal and external verification as required.
* Supervise, manage learners safely and securely whilst carrying out all activities.
In return you will be working with an exceptional team believe in continued professional development.
For more information about this role, please contact Liza Al Sady @ SANZA Teaching Agency on 0207 845 6240 or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£33658 - £42624 per annum
£70 - £90 per day
£33658 - £42624 per annum
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.