Are you an experienced, dedicated Behaviour or Pastoral Mentor who is passionate about equipping vulnerable young people with skills that enable them to reach their long term social, behavioural, and academic goals? Are you seeking a challenging opportunity where your exceptional communication and behaviour management skills will be crucial to your success?
Tradewind Recruitment is working with a diverse, inclusive Mainstream Secondary School in Brent who are seeking a confident, engaging Pastoral Mentor to commence working with them ASAP on a full time, long term basis. This role is only open to Mentor with prior experience as you will be required to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact. This is a full time, long term contract that will run until the end of the academic year in the first instance.
*** Behaviour / Pastoral Mentor required ASAP - Mainstream Secondary School in Brent
*** Prior experience in a similar role essential
*** Diverse, challenging opportunity
*** Paying £85 - £100 per day based on experience
This is an inclusive, diverse, and incredibly supportive school led by passionate, experienced Senior Leadership Team. Centrally located in the London Borough of Brent, this school is easily accessed from most areas of London and the Home Counties.
About the role - Pastoral Mentor - Brent:
As a Pastoral and Behaviour Mentor at this Mainstream Secondary School in Brent, you will:
- Work with students, staff and parents/guardians regarding progress, behaviour, attendance, and punctuality
- Work directly with identified individual or groups of pupils to overcome barriers to learning, improve behaviour and raise achievement
- Plan relevant and appropriate support to help remove identified barriers
- Work with staff to implement action plan for pupils based on assessment
- Provide appropriate 1:1 or group programmes that enable students to take a confident part in all aspects of their learning and school life
- Create an atmosphere of trust & support by providing opportunities in which pupils feel able to discuss their progress, insights, opinions, targets and are confident to self-refer
- Carry out a range of pastoral duties, including managing bus stops before and after school
About the candidate - Pastoral Mentor - Brent:
The successful candidate will be a confident, resilient, and passionate. This is a challenging role only suited to Pastoral / Behaviour Mentors with prior experience working with vulnerable young people. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have experience developing a range of strategies to overcome barriers to learning and be able to successfully deal with challenging behaviour.
You will have the knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and be confident in supporting them at times of transition and have an awareness and understanding of issues relating to equality of access and opportunity. Pastoral Mentors must be able to relate well to a wide range of young people from different ability, ethnic and social backgrounds as well as with teachers and other professionals. They will need commitment, energy and patience and must be prepared to learn in order to be successful in this role.
How to Apply - Pastoral Mentor - Brent:
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this exceptional opportunity as a Pastoral Mentor in Brent. Or for more information about the role, please call, or send your CV to Caitlin; 0207 845 5450 option 2 / Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.