This position is available on a full-time basis - Monday - Friday (8.00am - 4.00pm - 1-hour Break). The Successful applicant will be joining on a temporary long-term contract (approx. 1 term) with the potential of it becoming permanent for the right person.
The Head of Science is looking for a technician who has an excellent understanding of Chemistry, Biology and Physics and experience preparing experiments up to A Level. Previous experience within a school laboratory is desired not essential.
Responsibilities will include ensuring equipment and materials are maintained in good order and in a safe condition and that adequate levels of materials and equipment are available for use by teachers and students. Completion of purchase orders for final approval by the Principal. Keep stores well organised and hazardous substances labelled and kept in a safe place and keep preparation rooms, fume cupboards and laboratories in a safe and tidy condition
You will support class teachers in science lessons from Year 7 to A-level. Other responsibilities will include preparing practical equipment, apparatus and resources, monitoring standards and practices within the labs and providing technical and learning assistance in the classroom.
The shortlisted candidate must have the ability to work methodically, paying attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills and a willing to support students preparing for Chemistry practicals.
The school is near a tube station and is also accessible by several bus routes.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Science Technician role in a secondary school in Slough. Or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on /
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Science Technician role you will need to:
* Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Science Technician role in a secondary school in Slough or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on /
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.