Are you an experienced, adaptable and empathetic SEN Teacher?
Have you taught young people with Autism, Complex Needs or PMLD before?
Do you want an opportunity to work with the best and continuously learn and develop your teaching skills?
Tradewind are proud to be recruiting for a SEN Teacher at an Ofsted rated outstanding special school in Trafford. Starting on March 8th on a full time and long term basis with potential to turn in to a permanent contract. Pay up to £145/day.
This is a SEN Teacher role for someone with significant experience teaching young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Complex Needs, or Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). There is a wide range of ability from P-Levels to those taking ASDAN modules at KS4 & 5. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write reports and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. You will need to work closely with your TA's and school management as well as outside agencies. Due to the levels of the pupils you will need lots of strategies & lessons in your tool box to promote engagement and progress on a sensory, communication, social, behavioural and academic basis.
The school caters for young people aged 11-19. The school is rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted and they have high expectations of what their pupils can achieve. They are a caring and nurturing environment with a real team atmosphere. They aim to be broad, balanced and relevant in their curriculum while teaching functional skills in every subject area. They include some core and foundation areas of the national curriculum at KS3 and 4 and vocational and transitional elements at KS5. Some students take ASDAN modules as well as Duke of Edinburgh. They have exceptional facilities, amazing support and training for staff and everyone from staff to pupils to parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school.
Young people all have an EHCP including a range of Complex Needs, SLD, PMLD and Autism. Many of the pupils have speech and language communication difficulties and sensory needs so as a teacher you will need strategies and methods in place to help with this from a learning perspective. Occasionally there will be challenging behaviours and young people will need their SEN Teacher to have lots of patience, empathy and perseverance.
If this SEN Teacher vacancy sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teacher role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.