We are recruiting on behalf of a large and wholly inclusive College, which caters for students from 16-25 years old. The school has recently become part of a wider academy trust, working with three special needs schools in the local area. The college caters for students with a range of complex needs, including behavioural problems, learning difficulties, physical disabilities and autism spectrum conditions.
This secondary college is looking for a Tutor to teach predominately Numeracy, Literacy and Functional Skills across all Key Stages and has excellent subject knowledge, as well as a great personality for building rapport with staff and students alike.
You must be a committed practitioner, a confident behaviour manager and have the highest expectations of all young people. You will need to be a collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT. Ideal candidates will have experience working with students with complex needs and are able to meet the student's needs with professionalism and sensitivity.
The school is based in Manchester and has excellent public transport links and ample parking available.
After visiting this school, I was incredibly impressed by the exceptional building, which offers state of the art facilities, to suit their student's individual needs. These include a hydrotherapy pool, outstanding music department, fantastic art facilities, lots of outdoor space and plenty of sensory rooms and equipment.
As a Tutor, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· a well-equipped department with interactive white boards
· the successful Tutor will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward.
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Sports Coach role, you will need to:
* Hold QTS Status or QTLS
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* You CV must have 10 years employment history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
* Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Tutor in Manchester or for more information about the role, contact Victoria Rimmer on 0161 674 0138/ Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org
* We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 2nd year running!
East London, London
£131.25 - £187.92 per day + Fringe
Waltham Forest, London
City of Westminster, London
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.