Have you taught young people with SEND before?
This is an Special Needs (SEND) Teacher role for someone with QTS and significant experience teaching young people with Complex Needs. The role could turn permanent for the right person. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write reports and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. You will need to work closely with your TA's and school management as well as outside agencies.
The school is a large special school in the Nottingham area, that caters for young people with low functioning autism, Complex Needs and PMLD. Pupils are aged 6-18. Each class has no more than 8 young people however they could be at varying ages and levels. The schools is rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted and they have high expectations of what their pupils can achieve. They are a caring and nurturing environment with a real team atmosphere where everyone mucks in and supports one another.
Young people have a range of Complex Needs, SLD, PMLD and Autism. Many of the pupils require personal care and moving and handling. Although TA's mostly do this, teachers may be required to support in this area from time to time. Many of the pupils have speech and language communication difficulties and sensory needs so as a teacher you will need strategies and methods in place to help with this from a learning perspective. Pupils are generally working at P Levels.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Nottingham office on 0115 739 0077, or email Ben.Thornhill@twrecruitment.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.