Sports Assistant - SEMH - Manchester
Sports Assistant - SEMH - Manchester
Have you got as experience as Sports Coach, Sports Assistant or Teaching Assistant within a sports department?
Do you have experience supporting or coaching young people from challenging backgrounds?
This is a Sports Assistant / Teaching Assistant role starting as soon as possible in January on a full time and long term basis. You will be required to support and sometimes take PE activities in partnership with the PE teacher. The role will also require elements of learning and academic support within the classroom environment from time to time.
The provision is located on several different sites in Manchester and caters for young people at secondary age outside of mainstream education. Class sizes are typically 6-8 pupils split between KS3 and KS4. The provision has an excellent reputation in the borough and works closely with secondary schools & youth centres as well as many other outside agencies involved in young people's care and education.
Children are aged between 11 and 16 years and all come with an Education Healthcare Plan (EHCP) for Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH). This means that pupils occasionally display verbal or physical challenging behaviour. You will need to be resilient, dedicated and passionate about supporting young people from vulnerable backgrounds. You will need a natural ability to connect with young people with varied ethnicities, cultures, language and ability. This is a great opportunity for someone to work in the education sector with young people while making full use of your vocational skills in sports.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.