Our specialist teams of dedicated primary consultants solely work with thousands of primary schools across the UK; helping to recruit for a wide range of primary teacher jobs to work with pupils aged 4-11 and covering EYFS plus Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
We appreciate the importance of primary school teachers, not only do you facilitate the crucial early stages of learning but also the hugely important role you play in helping the broader personal development of pupils’ social abilities and confidence. So, we’re here to help you!
Primary teacher jobs that we recruit for include:
- Early Years Foundation Teachers (EYFS)
- Key Stage 1 Teachers
- Key Stage 2 Teachers
We have a created a bespoke programme of CPD courses especially for our Primary Teachers, including:
- Teaching Phonics Effectively
- How to plan a good lesson in accordance with OFSTED
- Creating Behaviour for Learning
- EAL Learners in the Mainstream Classroom
- AFL 1: Effective Assessment in the Classroom
- Supply Teaching Bible; for everyone new to supply
What qualifications do we look for in our Primary Teachers?
It is essential to have Qualified Teaching Status (QTS). Typically, there are three ways of acquiring QTS:
- School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Teach First
- Bachelor of Education/Arts with QTS
As a primary teacher, you will have opportunities to cover a single class and cover the whole curriculum including English, maths, science, art and music. Or you may develop into a subject specialist with a strength in PE for example or particular experience working with pupils with Special Education Needs. Either way, we have a huge range of daily supply, long-term and permanent primary teacher jobs to suit you: