6th Form Study Supervisor
6th Form Study Supervisor
We are currently looking for a strong 6th form study supervisor or secondary Teaching Assistant to work in a lovely Secondary mainstream Academy in the Swindon area from March 2021. Our client school requires an additional TA / 6th Form Study Supervisor to help support returning 6th form students during their study periods. You will be expected to support the A level students on a 1:1 basis as well as a in a group setting. The students you will be supporting will be mixed ability, some with special educational needs, so the successful Teaching Assistant will have to have experience adapting to each student's needs. This role is starting ASAP on a long term basis 5 days a week, this could lead to permanent contract for the right individual.
You must be able to engage with the students and although most will be self-sufficient, you must have the ability to support them where needed and build a strong and trusting relationship with each of them. Having experience of working with 6th form students previously would be preferred but not essential. You do not necessarily need to have experience of working in a school environment, but previous proven experience of working with young people aged between 16 and 18 is essential. It is also essential that you have a minimum of 5 GCSE's graded C or above and a strong general knowledge and good level of ability at Maths and English is also essential.
This Academy encourages students to be themselves, to have self-belief, develop self-confidence and to share their thoughts and opinions. This role would suit an individual who has an open mind, can encourage students to thrive and can build good relationships with them so that they feel that they can turn to you for help and advice when needed.
We are looking for:
- A 6h form study supervisor/strong TA with over 6 months experience of working with A level students.
- A strong TA with recent experience working in a secondary school, who is confident with communicating with young people aged 16-18.
- Great behaviour management and someone who is not fazed by challenging behaviour.
- Reliable, trustworthy and passionate about education and making a difference to young people's learning experience.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you are fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support does not stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this 6th form study supervisor role you will need to:
- Over 6 months experience of working with A level students.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a 6th form study supervisor in Swindon or for more information about the role, contact Ross on 0117 301 7578 / Ross.Churn@twrecruitment.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career in education!
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.