Academic Learning Mentor - Stockport
Academic Learning Mentor - Stockport
Have you finished your degree and want to make best use of your subject knowledge?
If you are considering teacher training and would like to utilise your time in a school-based support role, Tradewind Manchester are working with a number of schools across Stockport, who are looking to utilise graduate talent.
Academic Learning Mentor - Primary
-Competitive salary £65 - 75 per day
- Graduate Learning Mentor / Primary
- March 2020 start - wanting to interview and recruit straight after half-term
- Degree qualified
- Popular Primary School in Stockport
- Fantastic school with excellent resources
Tradewind Manchester are currently recruiting on behalf of a two-form entry Primary School in Stockport to start in March 2020. This is a full-time role with a salary from £65 per day.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
* Hold a degree and some experience working with children or young people
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
About the school:
We are looking to recruit a Graduate Academic Learning Mentor on behalf of a two-form entry primary school based in Stockport, filled with inspirational teachers, support staff and motivated children; who are all working together to enable the pupils achieve their best. The school is part of an academy with a solid track record for providing outstanding education. Positive relationships are a strength of the school and pupils learn to respect those of different backgrounds, faiths and cultures.
The school is based in Stockport and is accessible via car or bus.
About the role:
This Stockport based primary school are looking for a graduate or teaching assistant to work within their KS2 department, across Years 4, 5 and 6. The successful candidate must have excellent behaviour management and a good knowledge of the KS2 National Curriculum. You must be a committed practitioner who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout the role.
The role itself will involve supporting the class teachers in Years 4, 5 and 6, helping with the delivery of the National Curriculum. You will be required to work alongside the class teachers, supporting the whole class, and also with small groups to deliver Maths and English intervention lessons. Ideal candidates will have strong behaviour management and a good curriculum knowledge to ensure that the children have a strong base for their SATs. The school are looking for somebody who has the ability to be innovative and engaging, ensuring that the children have fun whilst making progress.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than out next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this position, please respond 28th February as the school are looking to shortlist and interview ASAP. Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.