Our school has a need for a full-time Attendance Office to cover a maternity leave from the 22nd March 2021. You will need to be experienced in the role and are required to encourage and promote outstanding school attendance by working with Pastoral Leaders, Heads of School, Heads of Year, Advisors, parents, pupils and the Trust.
This is a term time role with the salary being £20-25k depending on experience. Hours are 08:00 - 16:00, Monday to Friday.
- Monitor school attendance and punctuality.
- Ensure attendance registers are completed regularly and accurately followed up instances where this is not the case.
- Work with Pastoral Leaders to identify pupils of concern.
- Together with the Pastoral Leaders investigate matters of non-attendance and implement appropriate action plans for improvement.
- Offer creative solutions in cases where a pupil is failing to attend the Academy.
- Be at the entrance of the Academy each morning checking on punctuality
- Investigate first day phone calls for selected pupils and follow up any unexplained absence.
- Closely liaise with the Student Services Team to ensure timely communication about attendance particularly vulnerable pupils to ensure these young people are safe.
- Chase up absence notes in liaison with the advisors.
- Meet with the Academy's Education Welfare Officer and Student Services Leader on a weekly basis to discuss individual pupils identified as persistent absentees
- In partnership with relevant Pastoral Leaders carry out home visits where appropriate to encourage attendance.
- Produce punctuality and attendance letters for distribution.
The school is local to Haringey Station and have excellent public transport link. No parking onsite.
The school opened in2010 and is proud to be a hub of the local community. In 2015 they launched their aspirational and high achieving sixth form too. The Academy's learning environment is inspiring, exciting and motivating. Staff work together to challenge and support pupils paths to success. In addition, wellbeing is a priority for the Academy both in terms of staff and students which is why this school really is a great place to work.
To be considered for shortlist you will require:
- Degree level and/or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience as an Attendance Officer
- Experience working in a Secondary school is desirable but not essential
- this position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position an Attendance Officer in Hackney, Greater London. Or for more information about the role, contact Cherie Kelly on 0207 845 5450 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.