Autism Teaching Assistant
Autism Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate that all young people should have the opportunity to succeed no matter their obstacles?
Do you have experience supporting children or young adults with Autism?
Tradewind are proud to be recruiting on behalf of an outstanding special needs secondary school in Salford for a calm and empathetic Autism Teaching Assistant!
About the role:
- Autism Teaching Assistant in a special needs secondary provision.
- Start date - ASAP.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting pupils on a 1:1 or small group basis with Autism, (ASC).
- You will be required to provide aid with learning and actively support the class teacher.
- Some of the pupils need assistance managing their emotions, behaviour and triggers.
- You must have prior experience of supporting those with Autism.
- You must also have previous experience in one of the following roles: SEN Teaching Assistant, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Support Worker, or Secondary Teaching Assistant before.
About the school:
- Secondary special school provision for young people with Autism.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- Small groups of no more than 10 pupils per class.
- Specialist facilities including hydrotherapy room, sensory room, therapy rooms, SMART room and sensory garden.
- Exceptional support for staff with team atmosphere and everyone pulling together to give the best support possible to their young people.
- There is a strong focus on equipping pupils with the tools and outcomes they need too succeed in life after school and the school has high expectations on what they can achieve.
- Close to bus and train stations.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having Autism (ASC) or Complex Needs including verbal and non-verbal pupils.
- The follow the national curriculum where possible. Although many pupils are working at lower than their expected levels some excel in certain subject areas and need challenging and pushing to succeed.
- Pupils need support managing emotions & behaviour, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Some have Speech & Language needs and use PECS, Makaton or Signalong to communicate.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this Autism Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Oldham, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.