Do you have a natural ability to connect with children from vulnerable backgrounds?
Have you got experience supporting young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties or challenging behaviours?
Tradewind is recruiting for a Behaviour Mentor!
About the role:
- Behaviour Mentor for a secondary Alternative Provision setting.
- Start date - March
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Providing behaviour and pastoral support to small groups & on a 1:1 basis.
- You must have previous experience as a Behaviour Mentor, SEMH Teaching Assistant, Youth Worker or Residential Support Worker.
- The new Behaviour Mentor must have excellent behaviour management skills and know some great de-escalation techniques.
- You will need to build strong relationships with pupils quickly and gain their trust and respect based on engaging with their interests as well as providing consistency of approach and appropriate boundaries.
- You will be required to manage behaviour in a class setting as well delivering 1:1 support at times.
- You must be patient, empathetic and resilient to challenging situations.
About the school:
- Secondary PRU catering for young people with SEMH and challenging behaviours.
- Broad curriculum based on childrens' needs and interests including vocational learning.
- Staff know the pupils and have strong relationships which encourages attendance and engagement.
- Supportive management and welcoming environment.
- Strong focus on helping pupils manage their emotions and behaviour in order to prepare them for learning and the world after education.
- Links with local colleges and employers to ensure transitions to study or apprenticeships.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 15 and 16 years old.
- They have a range of needs including SEMH, Autism, ADHD, ODD etc.
- Puplis all have an EHCP for SEMH or associated needs. Behaviour can display as verbal or physical aggression at times.
- Many have come from very vulnerable backgrounds and need support from people that are patient, empathetic and engaging.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.