Tradewind are currently recruiting for a Behaviour Mentor for an alternative provision located in Brixton working with 11- 16 children with SEMH (Social emotional needs). The role is full time and will start in September on a long-term basis for the rest of the academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
To be considered for this post, you must have experience working with adolescences with SEMH either in a school or youth setting. The campus is for students that have been permanently excluded or are at risk of permanent exclusion, this means that many of the learners have had an interrupted education on arrival, due to regular fixed term exclusions and disruptive behaviour. The alternative provision are keen to encourage students to develop their consequential thinking, and to take responsibility for their behaviour and there consequences, the campus sets clear rules, boundaries and expectations. The Campus believe that every child deserves a second chance, and they hope that through personalised support, all of the students will realise their potential. Academic achievement is an important currency for the learners, and the campus strives to find a qualification that engages everyone. The PRU is looking for behaviour mentors that can encourage pupils to reach there potential and become lifelong learners.
The successful Behaviour Mentor will be working 1:1 and in group settings with year 10 and year 11 students who have been diagnosed with needs such as SEMH/ASD and behavioural difficulties. The main responsibility of this highly rewarding role is to support the pupil's in all lessons whilst supporting behaviour and SEMH. The school are looking for someone that can show empathy and become a mentor to the students, the ideal candidate will have experience working alongside Pru's or conducting youth work within a social setting.
What does a behaviour mentor do - you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the schools we support, so that students can get a more comfortable, gracious, liberated and happy life. We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, upbeat individuals to join our registered service which looks after several special schools and provisions across London and outer London. The schools we support are very fun-loving and enjoyable to support. Some of the activities the students enjoy including visiting sports, music, art and the post 16 settings enjoy shopping, bowling, cinema.
Essential requirements of a Behaviour mentor
- Experience supporting young people with challenging behaviour or SEMH
- Previous TA,LSA or support work within a school, PRU, Alternative Provision or other child related experience
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- Experience with challenging behaviour
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this Behaviour Mentor role in Brixton or for more information please contact Jade Kierans on 0207 845 5450, Opt 3, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.