Position: Behaviour Mentor/Teaching Assistant in Year 5
Location: Nottingham (Bilborough)
Job Type: Full-time
Year Group: Year 5
We are recruiting for a passionate and experienced Behaviour Mentor/Teaching Assistant to join a Nottingham City Academy and make a meaningful impact on the lives of the students in year 5.
- Work closely with classroom teachers and special education professionals to support students with challenging behaviour.
- Implement behaviour intervention plans and strategies to address individual student needs.
- Provide one-on-one or small-group support to students with behavioural challenges.
- Foster a safe and respectful classroom environment.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and behaviour.
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, and administrators to develop and implement effective solutions.
- A relevant qualification in education, psychology, or a related field.
- Previous experience working as a Behaviour Mentor, Teaching Assistant, or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and positive behaviour support.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to build positive relationships with students.
- A commitment to promoting a positive school culture.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and training in behaviour support techniques.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on students' lives and contribute to their academic and personal growth.
By working with Tradewind, we can offer you:
*We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
*We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
*Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
*Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
*Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
*Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
*Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this SEN Support role you will need to:
*This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
*Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
*You must have the legal right to work in the UK
For more information about the role of behaviour Support, Please contact Lynne Ferguson on 0115 739 0077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.