This paid role could be the experience you have been looking for!
We offer an enthusiastic and driven team of teachers and support staff together support from our SLT at all times.
Tradewind Recruitment are now working with a Secondary and Primary special school for students with Moderate Learning Difficulties in Waltham Forest, North East London. The school is a large, split site, over-subscribed 5-18, mixed, multi-ethnic school who are located in an attractive suburban location surrounded by parkland with excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London and fringe areas.
The school are now looking for Mentors, desirably in Psychology who have an understanding of Special Educational Needs who are enthusiastic and reliable, have high aspirations of working with students and would be able to ensure the safety and general welfare of students on site throughout the school day. This could be related to sport, drama, Young Enterprise, Duke of Edinburgh, working with students in intervention type classes.
· You will have some experience of working with children or young people and excellent interpersonal skills
· You will have good communication, literacy, numeracy and IT skills
· You will need to be flexible as things can often change at the last minute
· You will be able to relate to young people with a variety of learning needs and be able to use a range of strategies to deal with classroom behaviour
· You will have skills in practical subjects such as Drama, Art, Music and Sports
· Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1, small group and whole-class basis;
· Be a motivational adult for all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive;
· Work within and contribute to the school community;
· Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos;
· Be very flexible and adapt quickly to change
The school is in Waltham Forest, North East London and has excellent transport links with the District line, Hammersmith and City lines, Overground trains as well as the C2C. The school also has a car park for those teachers that prefer to drive.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an SEN Mentor Behaviour Mentor in Waltham Forest. Or for more information about the role, contact Ilkan Pasa on [02078455450.option3] or [email@example.com].
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.