Our pupils have been referred from mainstream schools due to various needs including behavioural, low numeracy, literacy and SEMH. They have wonderful personalities and enjoy the benefit of an engaging, hands-on learning style and adapted curriculum. The school believes that every student can realise their true potential with the right support and teaching. Therefore, it sets high standards for both pupils and staff.
The school received an 'outstanding' rating from OFSTED in its most recent stating that the school 'inspires pupils to achieve more than what they believe they are capable of'.
There are two parts to the role: When not delivering / participating in sports sessions, you will be supporting teachers with behaviour and learning in class, outside of class and during break and lunch times. During sports sessions you will be required to either deliver or participate in sporting activities within the school, working alongside other in-house coaches. You will also be required to work alongside coaches from outside agencies, participating in sessions, supporting less able pupils and supporting with group management and behaviour.
The successful candidate must:
* Have proven experience working with pupils with SEMH / SEN in a school or alternative provision
* Be resilient, show enthusiasm and commitment
* Have good organisational skills
* Be a good communicator who can work closely with your colleagues, external agencies and parents.
* Have good literacy and numeracy skills
* Have good behaviour management skills
* Be able to work on your own initiative
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Behaviour Mentor in Redhill. Or for more information about the role, contact Emma Aaron on 0207 845 5450 Option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.