Behaviour Support Assistant
Behaviour Support Assistant
Are you an experienced teaching assistant with a passion for making a difference in the lives of students? Tradewind Education Agency is seeking a dedicated and resilient Behaviour Support Assistant to join our team at one of our primary schools in Bristol. This is a full-time position starting ASAP. The school will also consider starting after half term.
Tradewind Education Agency is a leading education agency committed to providing high-quality support to schools and educational institutions. We pride ourselves on connecting talented professionals with rewarding roles in the education sector. Joining us means becoming part of a dynamic community focused on making a positive impact on the lives of students.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting students with challenging behaviour across the school. Your resilient nature, good sense of humour, and ability to build strong relationships will contribute to creating a positive and inclusive learning environment. This full-time position requires your availability from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Provide individualised support to students displaying challenging behaviour, helping them manage their emotions and make positive choices.
- Implement behaviour management strategies outlined by the school, utilising positive reinforcement techniques, and promoting self-regulation skills.
- Build strong relationships with students based on trust, respect, and understanding, supporting their academic and emotional development.
- Collaborate closely with teachers and school staff to develop and implement behaviour support plans, providing feedback on the effectiveness of interventions.
- Handle challenging situations and use appropriate de-escalation techniques to manage disruptive behaviour when necessary.
- Proven experience dealing with challenging behaviour in a school setting.
- Resilience and a good-humoured nature to navigate the demands of supporting students with challenging behaviour.
- Ability to build strong and positive relationships with students, fostering trust and engagement.
- Availability for full-time work from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Relevant qualifications and certifications are desirable but not essential.
- Your income matters: we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice
- Your development matters: we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars, and resources via the incredible National College
- Your flexibility matters: we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts, and permanent positions all available, all local to you
- Your wellbeing matters: we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional service to our candidates and are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant in Bristol. Or for more information about the role, contact Hettie Irving on 0117 301 7578/ firstname.lastname@example.org #BRITEACH
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.