Behaviour Support TA
Behaviour Support TA
Tradewind are currently looking for a hardworking, ambitious experienced behaviour specialist teaching assistant to join a PRU in Manchester starting as soon as possible until Summer.
This is a school where primary and secondary pupils have been either permanently excluded from mainstream or are in danger of becoming so because of social, emotional or mental health difficulties. It also offers places for children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Educational Health and Care Plan identifying social emotional and mental health difficulties. Support is also offered by pupil referral unit staff to mainstream primary schools to help them to manage and improve the behaviour of individual pupils to reduce the likelihood of exclusion.
We are looking for:
* Someone who has ideally, but not essentially, have a level 3 qualification (NVQ or equivalent) in Supporting Teaching and Learning
* Have recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
* Passion for working with primary aged pupils and be dedicated to making a positive impact on their learning and development.
* Strong behaviour management skills
* Innovative and creative approaches when working with pupils
* Team Teach Training
As a teaching assistant your job will be to support pupils by working with small groups of pupils to enhance their learning and academic development. Your role will involve supporting pupils with behaviour difficulties or permanently excluded from mainstream school and pupils who cannot attend mainstream school due to medical reason experience is not essential however, a patient and determined character is needed. Some pupils will have EHC Plans so experience with this will be preferred.
In return the school offers:
* Support throughout the school and CPD
* Access to new technology
* Planned lessons from functional skills, ASDAN and GCSE curriculum
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The Call to action
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position or for more information about the role, contact Yuen Sin on 0161 674 0138 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you'll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunity.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£60 - £80 per day
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£70 - £85 per day + Ofsted Accredited CPD
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.