BSL Teaching Assistant
BSL Teaching Assistant
If you have experience working with deaf students and possess excellent communication skills, we invite you to apply.
Position: Communication Support Worker / BSL Teaching Assistant
School: Secondary School with HI/Deaf Unit
Location: Greenwich - London, United Kingdom
Start Date: January 2024
Position Type: Full-time (part-time considered for the right applicant)
- Provide one-on-one support to a Year 3 student who is deaf, ensuring effective communication in the classroom and during extracurricular activities.
- Facilitate access to the curriculum by implementing appropriate strategies and using specialist equipment and technology.
- Collaborate closely with the student's teachers, parents, and other support staff to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- Assist in the development of resources and materials to enhance the student's educational experience.
- Support the student in social interactions and foster their independence and self-confidence.
- Monitor and assess the student's progress and communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders.
- Attend relevant meetings, training sessions, and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- BSL Level 1 or higher qualification is essential.
- Experience working with deaf or hearing-impaired students, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal, and the ability to adapt communication methods to suit the individual needs of the student.
- Knowledge of assistive technology and resources for deaf students.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by deaf students in mainstream educational settings and the ability to implement appropriate strategies to overcome these challenges.
- Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for supporting the educational and personal development of deaf students.
This school is a renowned primary school located in London, committed to providing an outstanding education for all students. The school community celebrates diversity and strives to create an inclusive environment where every student can thrive. They have a dedicated staff who work collaboratively to ensure the best possible outcomes for our students.
Join the Team: If you are enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of students who are deaf, we would love to hear from you. To apply for the position of Communication Support Worker, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively hit the apply button and we will contact you accordingly.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.