Class Teacher and SENDCO
Class Teacher and SENDCO
Are you an Early Years/KS1 teacher with SENDCO experience? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in your career?
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work in a lovely 'Good' rated school in Tameside. This is a full-time role with 3 days being in Reception and Year 2 and 2 days as SENDCO. This is a long-term position commencing September 2021 (potentially earlier) and will run until July 2022. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful school and would suit an enthusiastic teacher with SEN experience looking to excel not only in the classroom but in a leadership role too. This Church of England school has a warm ethos and very close links with the church community. Behaviour is exemplary and colleagues work cohesively to support the children they educate.
About the Role:
This role combines classroom teaching and SENDCO responsibilities across the week. As the class teacher, you will be responsible for the progress and attainment of approximately 30 pupils in a mixed ability class. You will be expected to plan well-resourced lessons in line with the Early Years Framework and Year 2 curriculum and carefully monitor pupil's personal, social and emotional development. The successful candidate will be an effective team player and communicate well with colleagues to share advice, resources and share strategies so support best practice.
As SENDCO, you will:
- Hold the National SENCO award, or be willing to work towards it
- Be an integral part of the Senior Leadership team
- Have an excellent understanding of how to secure progress and improve outcomes for all pupils
- Have experience planning and delivering provision for a wide range of specific needs
- Be able to effectively implement an intervention programme to raise levels of attainment.
- Have experience of effectively supporting colleagues to develop their practice
- Have the knowledge and skills to liaise effectively with a range of agencies
- Enjoy working as part of a team
This important post will be filled by someone who has an inclusive philosophy, excellent leadership skills and is fully committed to the school community and its children.
To be successful in this role:
- You must hold QTS status or an equivalent teaching qualification.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this fantastic opportunity as a Year 5 Teacher, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email Charlotte.email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£120 - £150 per day
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£125 - £185 per day
Tameside, Greater Manchester
£85.00 - £165.00 per day + Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.