Have you graduated this year and looking to start a career in education?
Do you hold a degree in Maths or History?
We have a role available for you!
We are working closely with an all-girls Secondary School which is located in Slough is in need for a classroom Assistant for a September 2019 start
As a classroom assistant you will be providing academic support within Maths or History (dependent on your degree) classes to students ranging from Year 7 - Year 10.
You will be required to provided 1:1 and support as well as small groups to their lower ability students.
The school is constantly exploring ways in which they can improve. Their teachers are passionate about learning and continuously challenge students to achieve their very best. Their belief is to have an innovative and creative learning environment in hopes to get students excited about education!
We are looking for:
* An eager History or Maths graduate who's looking to being making a positive difference with students
* Someone who will follow direction well as they will be given tasks and targets from the SENCO.
* Interested applicant must hold a Geography Degree or equivalent
* Someone who has a passion for working with students and is ideally looking to become a teacher in the near future.
Candidates will be expected to:
* Supervise students in the classroom
* Provide academic support to lower ability students
* Complete tasks given to you by teachers and your line manager
* Be open to working with students with special educational needs
* Is flexible to take on tasks that are necessarily attributed to being a Teaching Assistant
* Who is punctual
The school is located a 15-minute bus ride from Slough over ground station - there is parking available on site if driving is a preferred method of travelling.
The school has recently been renovated which makes it an ideal learning environment for the students. The students are well behaved and the school always tends to perform very well on their yearend exams. Its grounds are very beautiful and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time at this wonderful educational institution.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Classroom Assistant role you will need to:
* Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Classroom Assistant position in Slough. Or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on 0207 845 5450 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£28355 - £40035 per annum
£12081 - £15900 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£110 - £170 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£23720 - £35008 per annum + Ofsted Accredited CPD
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.