Communication Support Worker
Communication Support Worker
Tradewind is recruiting for a Communication Support Worker in south Manchester!
Do you love helping students with Hearing Impairment develop and learn?
Is your BSL at Level 2 standard or above?
To join us and be successful in this Communication Support Worker, CSW, role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
About the role:
- Communication Support Worker, CSW, with BSL standard at L2 or above.
- Start date ASAP.
- Part time and long term - 3 days per week
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting 2 pupils in year 11 at a high school who communicate with BSL.
- Helping students understand and engage with the lesson and peers.
- Support teacher with differentiation of work for the student and help tailor towards their specific needs.
- Assess, monitor and feedback on student progress.
About the school:
- The role is based at a secondary school in south Manchester for pupils aged 11-16.
- Rated GOOD by Ofsted in all areas. The school leaders have an ambitious offering to meet the needs of all their students including a prominent Inclusion department.
- Excellent transport links and facilities.
About the pupil:
- Both pupils are in Year 11, both have Hearing Impairment and use BSL to communicate.
- They both have some level of anxiety around lack of understanding or being able to communicate and can sometimes display in challenging behaviour as a result.
- They need patience, empathy and understanding from their Communication Support Worker, CSW, in order to help them engage and progress.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com for more info and to get registered.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.