In this role you will be providing cover for staff that are absent across the school. You will need to:
* Be confident across subject areas and have the ability to adapt to varying situations - work will be set, and the successful candidate will instruct students effectively and ensure learning is actively taking place.
* Have adequate behaviour management strategies in place which can be utilised effectively.
* Be a collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead the students through all subject areas of the lessons you are covering.
The ideal candidate will be an imaginative and inspiring Cover Supervisor, with a willingness to engage and motivate students in their learning. The school is looking for a Cover Supervisor that can deliver lessons across all Key Stages, with the ability to build relationships with students and staff, with strong knowledge on behaviour management strategies.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team, who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations. Plus, the successful Cover Supervisor will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
* Hold a qualification at degree level, or equivalent, and have minimum qualifications of 5 GCSE passes at C Grade or above, including Maths and English.
* Have at least 6 months of experience working with 11 - 18-year-old students
* Have a positive attitude and desire to work in education
* Have confidence managing behaviour within a classroom setting
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Have a CV with 10 years of employment history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Birmingham office on 0121 643 3505, or email email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.