Design Technology Teacher
Design Technology Teacher
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Design Technology Teacher to join a large secondary school, to start September 2019. This is a full time, long term role, paying up to £160 a day, with the potential of a permanent contract!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Newly Qualified Design Technology Teacher to join a fully supportive and inclusive school.
To join us and be successful in this role, you will need to:
* Hold QTS Status or QTLS
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Provide a CV with 10 years of employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
We are recruiting on behalf of a large and well-established community school, which caters for students from 11 -16 years old. The academy creates an inspirational environment, where innovative and creative learning is encouraged, in state of the art facilities. The school values responsibility, determination and success in their quest to build something special for the students through achieving together.
This OFSTED 'Good' secondary school are looking for a Design Technology Teacher that can deliver an exceptional standard of teaching and learning and has excellent subject knowledge, as well as a great personality for building rapport with staff and students alike. You must be a committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout the role. You will need to be a collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT.
The role itself will involve the delivery of Design Technology lessons to students in KS3 and KS4. You will be delivering a full timetable, with PPA time for planning and marking. Ideal candidates will have strong curriculum knowledge and will ensure that the lessons they deliver are of excellent quality using innovative and engaging approaches, ensuring that the students are having fun whilst making progress!
The school is based in Oldham, with excellent public transport links and ample parking available.
After visiting this school, I was incredibly impressed by their state of the art facilities - this is a new build and boasts large classrooms and open spaces. The staff are very welcoming and encourage the best in their students.
As a Design Technology Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· a well-equipped department with modern facilities
· the successful Teacher will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this position click "apply now." Or to hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind, you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£80 - £140 per day
£140 - £180 per day
Tower Hamlets, London
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.