Design Technology Teacher
Design Technology Teacher
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Design Technology Teacher, to join a smaller than average secondary academy, starting in January 2021. This is a full time, long term role, paying up to £180 a day.
To join us and be successful in this Design Technology Teacher role, you will need to:
* Hold QTS Status or QTLS
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Provide a CV covering 10 years employment/education history and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
We are recruiting on behalf of a small and well-established community school, which caters for students from 11 -16 years old. The school is a medium size, all boy's secondary school and is extremely welcoming and friendly. The school displays a high level of expectation for students and staff. They pride themselves on an induction programme leading to excellent professional development opportunities and are fully committed to the progress of their staff, as well as their students.
This OFSTED 'Good' secondary academy is looking for an Design Technology Teacher who can deliver lessons to students in KS3 and KS4, so a sound knowledge of the GCSE curriculum is required. Some experience of teaching Engineering would be desirable. The ideal candidate will have excellent subject knowledge, as well as a great personality for building rapport with staff and students alike. You must be a committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout the role. You will need to be a collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT.
The school is based in Tameside, with excellent public transport links and ample parking available.
After visiting this school, I was incredibly impressed by the welcoming and inclusive feeling that is present throughout the corridors and the outstanding behaviour of pupils.
As a Design Technology Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· a well-equipped department with good facilities
· the successful Design Technology Teacher will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this Design Technology Teacher position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.