Design Technology Technician
Design Technology Technician
Do you have a school Design Technology (DT) background and are you seeking a role in a great secondary school for an immediate start as a DT Technician?
Tradewind Recruitment is working with a great secondary school in North London, which has a vacancy for a Design Technology Technician. This exciting position commences ASAP and runs for the full academic year.
Role: DT Technician
Salary: £14- 16 per hour
Hours: 8.15am - 4.15, Monday to Friday, term time only
The School: This is a very popular, oversubscribed secondary school in a nice area of North London. Behaviour at the school is good and they have a great team in place, along with an established leadership team.
The school is easily accessible by public transport and a car park for drivers.
Role Responsibilities: As a DT Technician, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the DT department and facilitating outstanding learning experiences. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting teachers with preparation and setup of DT projects and practical lessons.
- A good background of working with resistant materials(woodwork and metalwork)
- A knowledge of 3d printing and laser cutting
- Managing and maintaining the DT workshop, equipment, and resources to ensure a safe and inspiring learning environment.
- Providing technical guidance and support to students during their design and construction processes.
- Organising and managing stock inventory, ordering new materials when necessary.
- Collaborating with the DT department to devise engaging and hands-on activities that spark creativity and enthusiasm among students.
The school is very interested in meeting DT Technicians with secondary school experience and they will also consider candidates with previous experience in a related field, such as engineering, art etc.
The ideal candidate should possess:
Experience as a DT Technician in a secondary school
Strong organisational skills and an eye for detail.
Experience of CAD/3d printing
Experience of handling materials, including polymers metals and woods
A passion for Design Technology and a desire to ignite a similar passion in learners.
The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Familiarity with the use and maintenance of DT tools and equipment.
A commitment to maintaining a safe and inspiring learning environment.
To join us and be successful in this DT Technician role you will need to:
- Ideally be a Design graduate or have previous experience of working within a school as a DT Technician
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible
- Legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of joining Tradewind Recruitment :
- Your income matters; we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice
- Your development matters; we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars and resources via the incredible National College
- Your flexibility matters; we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts and permanent positions available local to you
- Your well-being matters; we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional service to our candidates and are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you are interested in applying for this great DT Technician opportunity in Haringey, please click "apply now" or contact Stuart at Tradewind at email@example.com or call 020 7845 5450 option 2.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.