Design Technology Technician
Design Technology Technician
Interested applicants must have strong DT Technician knowledge to provide technical support to teachers in a 'Outstanding', successful roman catholic school.
The position is full time and has the potential to become permanent. The successful candidate will work alongside the Head of Department and will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Ensure safe and correct storage of all tools, equipment and materials.
- Monitoring and maintaining all safety equipment.
- Routine cleaning, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Manufacturing pieces of work for classroom use.
- Receiving and checking stock deliveries and signing off for payment.
- Providing advanced skills, where necessary, to allow more complex projects to be accomplished (possess or be prepared to take abrasive/grinding wheel qualifications).
- Assisting and instructing pupils in basic 2D and 3D skills, including preparation use of clay and using the kilns.
To be considered for this position of DT Technician, you must:
- Have possession of appropriate certificates for centre lathe, cross cutter, pillar drill, band saw, tool grinder, planer, circular saw and any other relevant qualifications appropriate to this role
- Can operate and be responsible for the general maintenance of the equipment in the Technology department
- Can assist with the preparation, distribution and storage of resources and materials.
- Assist with the upkeep of equipment records, within the workshops
- Inform the Faculty Team Leader and the Business Manager of any Health and Safety implications as they arise
- Maintain a high standard of tidiness within the workshops and preparation areas
- To carry out any other additional tasks as may be reasonably requested by Head of Faculty or Head Teacher Have experience working in a secondary school
- Enjoy working with young people in a busy school setting
- Have excellent practical skills
- Be highly organised and self-motivated
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this DT Technician role you will need to:
* Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as DT Technician position in Merton. Or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on 0207 845 5450 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.