This is a full time, long-term role replacing a permanent member of staff.
The pay rate will be based on the Outer London Pay Scale and will reflect your experience and suitability for the role.
Teachers at this school encourage enquiring minds and a life-long interest in learning. They promote an understanding community in which all members are respected and their talents and achievements celebrated.
Their ethos provide an excellent and challenging education in a calm and orderly environment enables all individuals to reach their full potential. They also provide a wide range of opportunities and experiences which will broaden students' horizons.
We are looking for:
- This OFSTED 'outstanding' secondary school are looking for a DT specialist who can teach Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. The timetable will be teaching mostly Product Design but the ability to teach other areas of DT (ideally Graphics and/or Resistant Materials) will be an advantage.
- A committed practitioner, who has excellent subject knowledge and who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning.
- A collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches.
Teaching DT to 11 - 18 year olds over a varied timetable and across different ability levels.
The school in the borough of Barnet is easily accessible by Rail, Underground, Bus or Car and parking is available on site.
The school offers:
- Teachers at this school benefit from working a dedicated team of professionals.
- You will also have your own laptop and access to outstanding lesson plans and resources.
- Staff and students work together in pleasant surroundings in a modern, state of the art building with excellent facilities.
As a teacher of Design and Technology, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
- A well-equipped department with modern DT workshops.
- A comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff.
To join us and be successful in this DT Teacher role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please apply now to be considered for this great position as a DT teacher in Barnet or for more information about the role, contact the secondary team today!
Please note: If this role is not right for you but you can recommend someone else who would be suited to the role, please get in contact as we offer a £100 finders bonus for all successful teacher referrals!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.