Tradewind are currently recruiting for a DT Technician to support the Teacher and pupils in the Design and Food Technology Departments to ensure the classes run smoothly and effectively.
Key responsibilities are:
Daily/Lesson Preparation :
- Prepare materials and ingredients as required by the subject teacher prior to lessons
- Ensure hand tools are kept in optimum condition and stored correctly
- Organise extra equipment for lessons
- Regularly maintain the equipment and tools in the workshop and classroom areas
- Empty and clean the dust extraction filters as required by the manufacturer
- Keep all classrooms organised and free from hazards
- To assist Technology staff in developing appropriate resources for teaching and learning
- Organise materials, ingredients and tools in the Department
- Stock-taking and ordering of materials, ingredients and equipment
- Organise and catalogue books in Department
- Assist with organisation of trips
- Assisting with the Annual Technology Exhibition
- To provide support for the teacher during practical lessons this will include food lessons
- Under the direction of the DHOF, ensure that all Health & safety requirements are met.
- To assist teaching staff in promoting and raising the profile of D&T within and outside School.
- To support the development and delivery of Computer Aided Design & Manufacture in D&T.
- Work as part of a team within the Design and Technology Department assisting each other as and when required
- To undertake such other tasks relevant to the work of the Design Technology Department or the needs of the school as they may arise.
- Practical/hands-on experience is desirable but not a necessity
- Ability to show initiative and to prioritise one's own work and that of others
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Self-motivating with the ability to multi task
- Confident in the use of ICT
The school is a large girls school with a dynamic and exciting learning environment, with creative teaching and learning as the norm. The team are extremely welcoming and supportive. The school has a school car park and easy access to public transport links.
This DT Technician role to start 7th September 2021 for the full academic year.
Hours are 8.15am - 15.30pm. Daily rate between £70-80per day depending on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today.
To join us and be successful in this DT Technician role you will need to provide the following:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as DT Technician in Haringey Or for more information about the role, contact Cherie Kelly on 0207 845 5450 / email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.