DT Technician - Long Term Technician role commencing ASAP - Outstanding Ofsted Secondary School located in Southwark, South East London - £75 - £90 per day - Full Time, Long Term position - Ideal post for experienced DT Technicians or those seeking a career change!
Are you an experienced DT Technician seeking your next opportunity? Or are you an individual seeking a career change who has experience working within a workshop, or within industry working with wood and metal? This could be an exciting opportunity for you!
Tradewind Recruitment are working with an Ofsted Outstanding mainstream Secondary School in Southwark who are seeking a Design and Technology Technician to commence ASAP. This is a full time, long term position that will run until the end of the academic year in the first instance, that will pay £75 - £90 per day based on prior experience.
***Design and Technology Technician - Southwark, South East London - £75 - £90 per day based on experience
***Full Time, Long Term opportunity commencing ASAP
***Must have experience or qualifications to work with wood, metal and food***
The Role - DT Technician - Southwark, South East London:
- This school is looking for a technician to support teachers in the delivery of design, technology and food technology lessons and to offer assistance to students.
- Main tasks will include assisting in the maintenance of the design, technology and food technology rooms, including collecting and tidying away used equipment; assisting in the maintenance and organisation of stock; and following the maintenance schedule for tools and machines and carrying out basic repairs where possible.
- The successful candidates will have experience of working in a workshop or similar environment and have manufacturing skills including wood and metal and manufacturing processes.
- The ideal technician will be able to perform routine maintenance on a range of machines including lathes, mills, band saws and circular saws.
- An excellent awareness of Health and Safety issues and experience of H&S and COSHH risk assessment is essential.
- Ability to play a part in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and to act as an appropriate role model for young people will be crucial to your success in this role.
- Relevant City & Guilds / health and safety certificates are desirable. Experience of working in an educational setting is also desirable.
How to apply - DT Technician - Southwark, South East London
If you would like extra information on this school and DT Technician role then we would ask you to contact Aamir Malik at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 opt 2 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate call back!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.