Job Vacancy: Design and Technology (DT) Technician
Location: Southwark, London
Type: Full-time, Long-term
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Are you passionate about Design and Technology (DT) and looking for an opportunity to inspire the next generation of creators and innovators? If so, we invite you to join our dynamic team at [School Name], a thriving Secondary School located in the heart of Southwark, London.
As a DT Technician, you will play a crucial role in supporting our DT department and ensuring the smooth operation of our workshops and classrooms. Your responsibilities will include:
- Equipment Maintenance: Maintain and repair DT equipment and machinery to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
- Resource Management: Monitor and manage resources, including tools, materials, and supplies, to support DT projects and activities.
- Health and Safety: Uphold the highest standards of health and safety within the DT department, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Technical Assistance: Provide technical support and assistance to both students and teaching staff during practical lessons and projects.
- Inventory Control: Keep an accurate inventory of DT materials and equipment, ensuring timely reordering when necessary.
- Classroom Setup: Assist in the setup and preparation of classrooms and workshops for DT lessons.
- General Support: Collaborate with teachers in the planning and execution of DT projects, demonstrations, and experiments.
- Maintenance Records: Maintain detailed records of equipment maintenance, repairs, and safety checks.
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated individual who meets the following requirements:
- Experience: Previous experience in a related field, such as engineering, workshop management, or technical maintenance, is highly desired.
- Passion for DT: An interest in Design and Technology and a willingness to engage with students to foster their enthusiasm for the subject.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in operating and maintaining DT equipment and machinery.
- Health and Safety: Knowledge of health and safety procedures and the ability to enforce them rigorously.
- Team Player: Excellent teamwork and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with teachers and students.
- Organisational Skills: Strong organisational skills with an eye for detail to manage resources efficiently.
- Flexible: Willingness to adapt to the changing needs of the DT department and the school.
- Enhanced DBS Check: A successful candidate must undergo an enhanced DBS check before starting the role.
How to Apply:
If you are excited about the prospect of making a meaningful impact on the education and future careers of young people and possess the skills and passion required for this role, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and your interest in DT education to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated DT Technician to our team and shaping the future of our students' education in Southwark. Join us on this exciting journey!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.