EAL Teaching Assistant
EAL Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with English as an Additional Language (EAL) needs? Are you dedicated to providing one-on-one support to help them reach their full potential? If so, Tradewind Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for you at our SEN provision in Barnsley.
Position: EAL Teaching Assistant
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
About: The SEN provision is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment for students with special educational needs. They are now looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated EAL Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a Year 6 student who requires additional support in their language acquisition and educational journey.
The Role: As an EAL Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in helping our Year 6 student thrive academically and socially. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing tailored support to the student with EAL needs, helping them to develop their English language skills.
- Assisting the student with classroom tasks and activities, ensuring they can fully engage with the curriculum.
- Creating a nurturing and inclusive environment to boost the student's self-esteem and confidence.
- Collaborating with teachers and SEN specialists to develop and implement individualised learning plans.
- Tracking and documenting the student's progress and reporting to the SEN coordinator.
Requirements: To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Previous experience working with children with EAL needs.
- A passion for supporting students with special educational requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience and empathy when working with students facing language barriers.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to the specific needs of the student.
What is on offer:
- A supportive and inclusive school environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact in the life of a young student.
How to Apply: If you are enthusiastic, compassionate, and ready to help a Year 6 student with EAL needs succeed, Tradewind Recruitment would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and motivation for this role today!
Tradewind Recruitment look forward to hearing from you!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.