Educational Support Worker
Educational Support Worker
Educational Support Worker needed - April 2021 - Harrow
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a great Support Worker looking for your next role in a SEMH setting in Harrow?
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for an experienced Support Worker to work in a highly regarded alternative provision in Harrow working with secondary aged pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. The role starts in April 2021 and would be for rest of the academic year at least, and will likely continue through to the next academic year for the right candidate.
The PRU specialises in working with secondary aged pupils with SEMH who have been permanently excluded from mainstream settings. The school is part of a group of 3 schools and as such all staff benefit from the shared learning and training throughout all sites to enable you to become an excellent SEMH practitioner.
As a Support Worker, you will be working within small classes of KS3 or KS4 students supporting those with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) and other SEN. The main aim would be getting them back into a mainstream setting as they progress into secondary education. The curriculum is planned carefully and specifically to match each pupils needs and any additional needs. Where required, additional specialist advice may be sought from Educational Psychologists and Speech and Language Therapists
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. With us, it's never 'just a job'. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay, at Tradewind Recruitment SEN, we are known for remunerating our candidates better than our competitors, as well as always providing high quality service.
This school in Harrow are looking for a nurturing, resilient and determined individual who is passionate about providing opportunities for these children. Your role will be to encourage the pupils to engage in learning as well as building their life skills, as well as help them with their daily activities. No two days are ever the same, sometimes they may be challenging but they are always positive!
The Teaching Assistant we require should have:
- Previous experience supporting SEMH/working in a PRU.
- Team Teach or positive restraint training is preferred but not essential
- Confidence providing 1:1 and small group support in a challenging behaviour environment.
- A therapeutic or counselling background would be useful.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be required to:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
This Pupil Referral Unit is based in Harrow, North-West London and has on-site parking for those who have access to a car. It is also accessible by bus, the Jubilee Line, Northern Line and the Overground.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Behaviour Mentor in Harrow, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 / OPTION 3 or email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.