English Graduate - Teaching Fellow
English Graduate - Teaching Fellow
Do you have a English degree? Are you considering a career as a Teacher?
Would you like to gain valuable experience in paid role before completing your training?
Job Title: English Teaching Fellow - Secondary School
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £16,466 per annum, term time only
Contract: Temporary to Fixed term contract - April 2021-August 2022.
The Teaching Fellow post is a fixed term appointment for just over one year. It is aimed at candidates who intend to apply for a School Direct PGCE with United Teaching for the 2022-23 academic year.
During the year, Teaching Fellows will carry out the role of a teaching assistant, but will also have enhanced opportunities to take on small groups and cover or teach some classes in order to develop their confidence and skills in readiness for the United Teaching Programme.
Under the direction of the assigned Curriculum Leader or SENCo, Teaching Fellows work as part of a team to promote the achievement of pupils, including those with Special Needs.
They complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/ groups or short term for whole classes and monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupils' achievement, progress and development.
The school offers:
A unique and inspirational environment to work in
- A school building that is only 10 years old with beautiful school grounds
- A professional and collaborative school with a commitment to continued professional development
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children with a love of learning
- The opportunity to join a strong staff team, where our values are integral to all we do
- A happy place to work!
This in an outstanding opportunity to join a successful, and rapidly improving academy. We are driven by a forward thinking philosophy and a vibrant, positive culture. In a friendly and welcoming school with supportive colleagues, you'll be able to make a real impact on our academy, and on the lives of our children.
- Be an inspirational & enthusiastic individual
- Have a minimum 2.2 Degree
- Be an excellent role model who actively promotes the skills, attributes and behaviour important in a classroom
- Have experience working with children
- Have the highest expectations of behaviour
- Be committed to working as part of a team
- Be highly organised
- Have excellent communication skill, written and verbal
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you are fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support does not stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this teaching fellow role you will need to have:
- Have an English Degree
- some experience of working with young people in preferred but not essential
- great communication skills
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as an English Teaching Fellow in Swindon or for more information about the role, contact Ross on 0117 301 7578 / Ross.Churn@twrecruitment.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career in education!
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.