English Teacher - Ealing
English Teacher - Ealing
Based in Ealing, West London, the school is easy accessible on many modes of transport with the main overground station being only 15 minutes from Central London. The current cohort of staff travel from across London to access the school due to it's prestigious nature.
The school is the highest achieving school in the borough. It is a Catholic School with no issues whatsoever with behaviour, OFSTED rated 'outstanding', but more so just an 'Outstanding' place to work. It is a co-educational school that runs from Key Stage 4 to A-level (Years 10-13). Tradewind Recruitment have provided staff to the school for the last 18 years on long-term and permanent contracts and regardless of department, the feedback is unrivalled.
Responsibilities for this Key Stage 4 and 5 English Teacher Role include:
- Teaching small, co-educational classes of around 25 motivated boys and girls with an almost 50/50 timetable split across both Key Stages.
- Following the school's curriculum and assessment methodology (which are largely based on the National Curriculum)
- Assessing prospective pupil applications
- Helping with at least one duty a week (paid additional)
- Hours are 8:30am to 4:00pm, with one 8am duty for one week per year.
- Attending staff meetings and parents' evenings as required out of school hours
- Contributing to 'house' and other whole school activities (e.g. sports day)
- The occasional internal cover of absent staff
The school adopts a policy of supportive rigour when developing the student's academic and extra-curricular performance.
Small class sizes mean that teachers have the opportunity to pay close attention to their pupils and develop each child.
The ideal candidate for this Key Stage 4 and 5 English Teacher role will:
- be experienced and/or qualified to teach the subject successfully at Key Stage 4 and 5
- be empathetic to the students and contribute to the school's friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere.
- be familiar with the national curriculum and assessment methodology
- A sense of warmth and having a caring outlook.
- Any other skills or subject expertise may be helpful.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Tradewind Recruitment specialises in transitioning overseas teachers to the UK whilst offering an outstanding set of benefits and a strong support network on arrival to the UK. We have a total of 11 offices throughout the UK each of which work with Primary, Secondary and SEN schools providing them with teachers and support staff.
Our unrivalled benefits include:
*We offer top rates of pay and more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency
*Generous relocation packages including flight reimbursements, help setting up a bank in the UK and Visa assistance.
*Great referral bonus for each teacher or support staff member you recommend!
*A dedicated Australian and UK consultant to support you with your transition, interview prep and help you by recommending accommodation and advice.
*Regular, fun and inclusive social events to get to know your peers and consultants.
*Help with lesson planning and interview preparation - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement!
*Easy to use online portal to log your timesheets and availability.
To work in the UK, you must:
*Be eligible to gain UK employment status (Youth Mobility Visa, Ancestry Visa, EU or British Passport - check out https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa).
*Have relevant teaching qualifications for working in UK schools and all candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS police check.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind, we have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
Freecall Australia 1800 005 321
'No terminology in the above advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Tradewind Recruitment is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and accepts applications from all sections of the community'
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.