The salary will be to scale (or above + possible TLR) dependant on your experience and suitability.
We are looking for:
* An English specialist who can teach KS3-4 and who has recent UK classroom experience teaching at this level. Candidates with A level teaching experience will have an advantage.
* A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role.
* A collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT .
* Someone who would be available for the foreseeable future and interested in a permanent position.
Teaching mostly KS3-4 English (with some QA Level teaching)
The school is not far from Wimbledon and is easily accessible by Rail and by car (parking on site) Our
A co-educational comprehensive school which educates around 2500 students aged 11 to 19. It is located in the SW London Borough of Merton.
Staff at this school are described as passionate and relentless about their students' learning & achievement.
What OFSTED says:
The school was judged as 'Good' in all categories and the inspection showed that they are effective in meeting the needs of all students whilst supporting them to achieve well and make good progress. Leadership and management is graded as good and governance is strong, supporting and challenging their drive for improvement. Teaching is good and teachers have good knowledge of each student's learning and progress. Behaviour in lessons and around the school is also good; students are courteous and polite, ensuring the school is a peaceful and harmonious community.
The Sixth Form retained its good grading by continuing to promote good learning and achievement, whilst raising self-esteem and promoting high aspirations.
As an English teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
* New, well equipped classrooms and access to new technologies.
* A comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff.
* Every teacher will get their own new laptop to help plan, prepare and deliver 'outstanding' lessons. By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* Top rates of pay
* 25 CPD courses
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£200
* Full interview preparation and assistance
* Help with lesson planning
* Online Portal for timesheets and availability updates
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this English Teacher role, you will need to:
* Hold QTS status or overseas equivalent.
* Have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
* Updated CV
* Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as an English teacher in Merton.
For more information about the role, please contact Carlo Randazzo on 0207 845 5450 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping with the next step.
Due to the school currently bring closed due to the corona virus crisis, the proactive SLT of the school will be carrying out Skype interviews in the forthcoming weeks; please send your CV for immediate consideration.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.