English Teacher - PRU
English Teacher - PRU
Tradewind are recruiting!
Have you taught young people at secondary age with challenging behaviours?
Do you have experience teaching pupils English up to GCSE level?
This is an English Teacher role for someone with experience of teaching pupils with challenging behaviours. Pupils are mostly working at KS3 level although some are working at KS4. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. Class sizes are usually no more than 8-10 pupils with TA support. Occasionally you will need to deliver 1:1 interventions to make sure pupils are reaching the required outcomes. This is a great opporunity for someone who likes to build strong and meaningful relationships with students and really help individuals make real progress and improve their life chances.
The school caters for approximately 80 young people at KS3 and KS4 age with more at satellite sites and those accessing outreach services. The school is a growing and developing provision with new dynamic leadership. There is a strong team atmosphere and excellent support from colleagues and management for anyone that needs it. It can be challenging at times but training is given to support you in managing these situations effectively.
All pupils are aged 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEND including Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs (SEMH) and challenging behaviours. Some of the young people have associated needs such as ADHD, Attachment Disorder, ODD or Autism. Behaviour can be physical as well as verbal at times.
As their new English Teacher you will need to have very strong behaviour management skills and have a natural ability to engage with hard to reach pupils from varying backgrounds. You will need to be able to tailor your classes to meet the needs of each individual and plan, monitor and follow up accordingly. You will need resilience and perseverance in order to help pupils achieve.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To register for this English Teacher role please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this Engilsh Teacher role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.