English Teacher - PRU
English Teacher - PRU
Are you an adaptable, patient and motivational English teacher?
Have you taught English up to GCSE level?
Can you build strong relationships with pupils from vulnerable backgrounds and those with emotional difficulties?
Tradewind are recruiting for an English Teacher to join a secondary Pupil Referral Unit in Manchester on a full time and long term basis. Pay up to £145/day
This is a English teacher role for someone with significant experience teaching young people English including up to GCSE level. Pupils are mostly working at upper KS2 and KS3 level with a few working towards GCSE's. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. Class sizes are usually no more than 8-10 pupils with TA support. QTS is preferable however candidates with significant experience of teaching English up to GCSE and working with pupils with challenging behaviour will be considered.
The Ofsted rated GOOD PRU caters for up to 50 young people at KS3 and KS4 with KS3 pupils attending in the morning until 1pm and KS4 pupils attending in the afternoon from 12noon. All young people have been referred by local high schools or other alternative provisions. They have a great reputation in the local area and have a skilled and supportive team. It is a warm and welcoming environment and everything is pupil centred and with their best interests at heart.
All pupils have an EHCP for SEND including Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs (SEMH) and challenging behaviours. Many of the pupils can display verbal or physical challenging behaviour at times however the TAs will help manage this and they have excellent systems in place to help prevent situations from occurring too often.
You will need to have very strong behaviour management skills and have a natural ability to engage with hard to reach pupils from varying backgrounds. You will need resilience, perseverance and the ability to differentiate in order to help pupils achieve.
While often challenging this is a great opportunity to make a real difference to young people with obstacles to learning and those from less fortunate backgrounds.
If this sounds like the English Teacher role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this English Teacher role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.