English Teacher - Solihull
English Teacher - Solihull
Are you a passionate and dedicated English teacher who lives in or can commute to the Solihull area? Who can inspire students with the power of language and literature? Do you have the expertise to deliver engaging and dynamic lessons that foster a love for English and develop critical thinking skills? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
About the Role: As an English Teacher, you will play a pivotal role in shaping students' language skills, literary appreciation, and communication abilities. You will be responsible for planning and delivering high-quality lessons, promoting active student participation and engagement. Your passion for the subject and your ability to create a supportive and stimulating learning environment will help students succeed academically and develop a lifelong love for English.
- Plan and deliver inspiring English lessons that cater to the diverse learning needs of students.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment, encouraging active participation and intellectual curiosity.
- Teach and assess a range of English topics, including literature, language, grammar, and writing skills.
- Utilise a variety of teaching methods, resources, and technologies to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to students, promoting their continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop curriculum plans, share best practices, and contribute to the development of the department.
- Organise and participate in extracurricular activities, such as reading clubs, writing competitions, and literary events.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, specialising in English.
- Proven experience teaching English at the secondary level, with a track record of successful student outcomes.
- In-depth knowledge of the National Curriculum and examination board's requirements.
- Passion for English literature, language, and effective communication.
- Strong classroom management skills, with the ability to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and staying updated with the latest educational practices.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of students and contribute to the wider school community.
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated English teacher who can ignite a love for language and literature in students, we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the English Teacher position in Birmingham, please send your updated CV to Ellie Vorsman at firstname.lastname@example.org
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.