EYFS Special Needs Assistant
EYFS Special Needs Assistant
EYFS Special Needs Assistant, Haringey
COVID-19 notice: We're continuing to recruit education staff throughout these unprecedented times, as we can still get you registered and cleared ready for when schools re-open. Instead of face-to-face meetings, all interviews will be via phone and we can guide you through submitting your documents online.
Do you have experience supporting children with special educational needs in an EYFS setting?
We are working with a wonderful mainstream primary school in Wood Green, London Borough of Haringey who would like to appoint an additional EYFS Special Needs Assistant to join the reception class team and help support pupils in class with special educational needs.
The role will be full time (Hours 8.30am-3.30pm) and is due to start on the 8th of March continuing until July 2021, potentially longer. The school are shortlisting ASAP so please do not delay getting in contact with Tradewind Recruitment today!
The Headteacher and SENco of this positive, caring and community driven school would like to appoint a special needs assistant with relevant skills as well as some previous experience supporting children with special educational needs in an EYFS setting. If you have a qualification in early years this is an advantage, but it is to a requirement for the role. The most important this is some good experience, coupled with a caring, patient, and nurturing approach.
You will involve providing whole class support as well as small group/1-1 support to children in the reception class who have been diagnosed with a range of special education needs including Autism, speech and language, communication difficulties, and delayed learning.
- EYFS Special Needs Assistant
- Early Years (Reception Class)
- 1-1 and whole class support
- Full time 8.30-3.30
- Long term role
- Warm, positive, patient, and nurturing approach
- Team player - adaptable with a sense of humour
- Good experience and understanding of the EYFS (qualifications in Early years are not needed)
- Ideally you will have some good experience supporting children with special needs (aged 2-5)
This Ofsted outstanding two form entry school is at the heart of the local community and the staff and leadership team work tirelessly to ensure that the children have the best possible start in their school life. You will be joining a close knit, experienced, down to earth, and friendly team in the reception class.
- Experience working in an EYFS setting (Nursery or Reception class)
- Good understanding of EYFS
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Some experience supporting SEN is needed
- Any experience using any of the following: PECS, Makaton, TEACCH, Communication in Print, Colourful Semantics, Speech and Language, Sensory play activities
Wood Green, Haringey
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as EYFS Special Needs Assistant or for more information about the role, contact Maddy Watson on 02078455450 option 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.