Tradewind are working with a special needs (SEN) school based in North Liverpool. They have a skill gap for a teacher with some recent SLD/PMLD experience to join their team from September. Ideally the successful applicant will have a proven track record working in an SEN environment but the Headteacher will consider an EYFS to Key Stage 1 trained teacher with a passion for SEN, a proven track record as a teacher and naturally high standards and expectations.
The successful applicant will be teaching at EYFS level (6 pupils) with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD.) The majority of the children have additional medical and sensory needs as well as physical impairments. The class consists of 6 pupils who are all working at P levels, experience of the EYFS curriculum would be advantageous, though not essential. Much of the work you would be doing will be based loosely on the Early Years curriculum with a particular focus on developing social and communication skills. You will be working alongside two supportive learning support assistants (LSAs) who know the children and the school procedures and will help you get up to speed quickly. Some experience of PECS and makaton would also be advantageous.
To be considered for this position you will:
Able to provide at least one teaching reference within the last 5 years
Be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks
Be available Monday to Friday during term time
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position in North Liverpool.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.